HANNAH YATE
textiles and drawing
logo design by thomas jeffery: www.tjportfolio.co.uk
all images and text copyright hannah yate 2011

Friday 23 November 2012

'Field Notes' competition and research trip

Back in May I entered a competition through Wrap magazine (http://www.wrapmagazine.com/).
This was a collaborative project between Wrap and Field notes who contributed a number of books.
I received this exciting package of goodies through the post!




The brief was to document a new endeavor through one of the Field Notes books and then return it to Wrap to be included in the next issue.

I chose to document a research trip for a picture book story I had started working on. This trip took me to the wilds of Dungeness in Kent. 
I booked myself into a B&B called 'the Watchtower' - once a Napoleonic lookout and spent two blissful days drawing and taking photographs.


The new lighthouse



The lighthouse lens


View from the old lighthouse


A house covered in rubber



Derek Jarman's cottage and garden








No comments: